Wildfire Defense Systems hires full-time and part-time seasonal, as well as, full-time year round positions. Careers range from FFTI/II to Incident Command, as well as professional and technical positions. We are based out of Bozeman, MT with positions in the 15 Western states and our Bozeman Operations Center. WDS operates on the scale of a mid-sized state wildfire agency with employment and career opportunities in professional/technical positions, all levels of wildfire services, and wildland engine/tender operations.
All wildland firefighter positions must meet all minimum training, experience, and physical fitness standards defined by NWCG 310-1, and a valid Driver’s License. All wildland firefighter positions must provide fire certificates for qualification verification.
All potential employees must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
The following positions have openings:
Engine Boss and Fire Fighter I/II Positions: Call When Needed
Fire Fighter Type 2 and Engine Boss positions available.
These positions will be on a standby list for WDS to call if the company has a need for additional field help. It is the employees’ decision if they want to be dispatched to a job.
If you are interested in working for a progressive company in the wildfire protection industry and have any of the wildfire qualifications listed above:
- Download our application here.
- Complete application using Adobe Acrobat (savable pdf)
- Email application along with Fire Certificates to Human Resources: HR@wildfire-defense.com
Wildfire Defense Systems, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources-Job Application
P.O. Box 2269
Red Lodge, MT 59068
406 446-3646 (Fax 406 794-0806)
- For more information on programs or services contact WDS Corporate Office at 406.446.3646
- For fire response related inquiries during a wildfire contact our network operations center at 877.323.4730 x. 1